Sarah Lenti works as a policy consultant and political advisor to elected officials, up-and-coming candidates (with the highest integrity), corporate executives, non-governmental agencies, and even a rock & roll band. She founded her firm, SML Advisory Partners, in 2013.
Starting off as a Russian & East European Studies graduate student from Stanford University, Sarah has a varied background. She commenced with a career in defense contracting work, then quickly moved to enter the policy/political world, joining the George W. Bush 2000 campaign in Austin.
Lenti has proudly:
- Served as a Director at the National Security Council under National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice from 2001-2005 at the White House, with a focus on East European issues and then electricity issues in Iraq.
- Worked on the 2004 Bush re-election campaign in the battleground state of New Mexico — a state, which was narrowly won by slightly over 300 votes.
- Joined fundraising whiz and former Deputy RNC Chairman Jack L. Oliver at his Washington start-up firm, where she served as a Senior Policy Advisor.
- Served as Deputy Campaign Manager and Policy Advisor to a candidate running in New Mexico’s 2nd Congressional District.
- Served as the Great Lakes Regional Press Secretary for the McCain 2008 Campaign.
- Led the research for Governor Romney’s 2010 book, No Apology: The Case for American Greatness.
- Per Governor Romney in the Acknowledgement Section of his book, No Apology, “Sarah Lenti, a policy fixture in D.C., was my lead researcher over the entire period” (pg 309).
- Appointed to the Romney 2012 Transition Team to serve under Kerry Healey as the Deputy Transition Team Leader for Domestic Presidential Appointments.
Sarah is a frequent contributor to FOX News, FOX Business, and The BBC World News Service. She is honored to be selected for the following:
- Scholar Fellowship, 2013 Aspen Ideas Festival
- Fellow, 2011-2013 Tripartite Young Leader (Germany, Poland & U.S.)
- Term Member, the Council on Foreign Relations
- Member, Foreign Policy Initiative’s 2010 Future Leader’s Program
- Executive Producer, Underwater Dreams (a documentary about the children of undocumented Mexican immigrants)